Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Warm up a Room

Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father."
Mt. 5:16

Jesus has just started his public ministry by giving his great Sermon on the Mount, his blue-print for the christian life. He tells his followers they are to be salt and light, that they are to make a difference in the world they live in.

Salt and light. They are essential elements that are only really noticed when they are absent. Am I noticed by my absence or am I irrelevant whether I'm present or not?
I think the best way to be present is to love. Love warms up a room when it is present and is longed for in its absence. let me be a lover today.


Lord Jesus, you are the salt and light of my life. Let your love work through me today. 
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: