Thursday, January 22, 2015

An Open Ear

You do not ask for sacrifice and offerings, but an open ear. You do not ask for holocaust and victim. Instead, here am I. 
Ps.39:7

 The response verse to today's psalm echos this opening verse; "Here I am Lord, I come to do your will". God's request of me this morning is very simple; an open ear.

An open ear is an attentive ear, an undistracted ear. I think this is why I find morning prayer so rewarding.  I deliberatly do nothing beforehand. I am silent, I think of nothing else, my first action of the day is to settle into God's presence.  My first brain engagement is to read the Church's daily readings. I then take my lead from there.

God just wants me to be with him this morning, totally present to him. He wants to be in relationship with me; to be my Emanuel, God with me. I love this intimacey he offers. Morning by morning new mercies I see.

Thank you God that you desire friendship with me. Here I am Lord, I come to do your will.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: