Thursday, October 24, 2013

Temptation

1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,  Nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in company with scoffers. Rather, the law of the LORD is his joy; and on his law he meditates day and night.

Ps.1:1,2

The psalmist describes how we fall into sin;  we walk along side, we stand, we sit.  The causal dalliance ends up with deliberate wallowing.

Just recently I was giving advice to a young man who was struggling with a relationship with a girl that he knew was going nowhere.  I advised him not to tempt his temptation, as the temptation always wins.  This comes from my own experience.

The psalm gives the antidote to drifting into sin. God's Law.  Joy comes from meditating on it.  I'm experiencing that joy right now as I meditate on today's psalm.  God always presents a way out from sin's temptation.  I just have to grab it.

Thank you Father in heaven, that you lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil.

Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: