Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Polite to All Kinds

Be ready to do good at every opportunity; not to go slandering other people or picking quarrels, but to be courteous and always polite to all kinds of people.
Titus3:1,2


Saint Paul is instructing Titus on the character of a follower of Christ.  He writes from his own remembered imperfections, before he was saved by Jesus.

This exhortation to common decency is very timely for me.  I'm embroiled in a conflict with work colleagues who I find difficult to relate to.  I'm meeting with my manager today and in my mind I have been rehearsing descriptions of all their faults that I could lay before him. The antidote to this "stinking thinking" is given by Saint Paul: "be courteous and always polite to all kinds of people".

Lord Jesus, you have shown me charity when I deserved less.  Help me exercise restraint and be courteous and polite as befitting a follower of You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: