Friday, November 16, 2012

Let Us Love


Jesus said to the disciples:
  ‘As it was in Noah’s day, so will it also be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating and drinking, marrying wives and husbands, right up to the day Noah went into the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Luke 17:26,27


As we near the end of the Church's year we are given readings to help contemplate end times.  Today Jesus talks plainly about what is to happen when He returns.  Some will be taken to Him, some won't.

Jesus gives me the ultimate answer to my ultimate question. Where will I spend eternity once my time in this life has ended?  Answer: With Him.  What is the deciding factor?  Saint John answers that in today's first reading.  Let us love one another.

I want to be sure this is the hope my loved ones, my wife and children, also have.  I can best do this by role modelling an authentic follower of Jesus.  I can love...

Lord Jesus, help me love today, that I may draw more people into Your kingdom.
Saint John, pray for me.

No comments: