Saturday, December 24, 2011

Speak Blessing

And you, little child, you shall be called Prophet of the Most High, for you will go before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins;
Lk.1:76,77

The first thing Zechariah does with his newly regained voice is to sing praise to God and prophesy over his new-born son John.  Under the power of the Holy Spirit Zechariah foretells his son's role in preparing the way for the returning Messiah.

A father's spoken words can influence a child's life; for good or for evil.  The words I speak over my children are powerful and I need to pick them carefully.  "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Eph. 4:29

Lord Jesus, You know the struggle I have in controlling my mouth.  Help me speak only words that build up and bless my children.
Little Flower, please pray for me.
 

No comments: