Friday, November 26, 2010

My Heart Cries Out

How lovely your dwelling, O LORD of hosts!  My soul yearns and pines for the courts of the LORD. My heart and flesh cry out for the living God.
Ps.84:1,2

Today's reading from Apocalypse and the Gospel from Luke both have us looking deeply into end-time mysteries.  In Apocalypse we see the opening of the Book of Life and judgment. In the Gospel Jesus tells that heaven and earth will pass away but His words will remain for ever.

For me, the answer to these deep mysteries lies in the very human response found in the Psalm.  It talks of longing and yearning for God's dwelling place.  It promises happiness for those in God's presence.  The catastrophic events of end-times are not the end of the story, but just the cover page of the greatest story that I will then be entering into, the beginning of the never ending journey into the infinite love of God.

Marantha! Come Lord Jesus, come!
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: