Friday, December 5, 2008

Do you believe?

Friday 5th December 2008

SCRIPTURE
Then he touched their eyes saying, ‘Your faith deserves it, so let this be done for you.’ And their sight returned.
Matthew 9:29,30

OBSERVATION
Jesus is healing the two blind men after asking them, "Do you believe I can do this?" They answer yes and a great miracle is the result.

APPLICATION
The Gospels are full of instances where not only has faith resulted in miracles but also where miracles have NOT resulted in faith. The Pharisees actually saw Lazarus rise from his tomb and then promptly plotted Jesus' death. In His own home town Matthew reports "he (Jesus) did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith".
There is a law at work here: faith, no matter how small, empowers Jesus. In what areas of my life today do I lack the faith for miracles to occur? In truth, there are a few...

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, yes I do believe, help me in my unbelief.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: