Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Baaaa...

Wednesday 3rd December 2008

SCRIPTURE
The Lord is my Shepherd, there is nothing I shall want.
Ps 23:1

OBSERVATION
Today's Mass readings are all about our God who provides. Isaiah foretells of the time when "the Lord of Hosts will prepare for all peoples a banquet of rich food, a banquet of fine wines". The Gospel from Matthew reminds us of the great miracles of Jesus healing the sick and lame and then feeding the 5000. The 23rd Psalm portraits our God as the loving shepherd, feeding, guiding, protecting, giving rest.

APPLICATION
Sheep show their emotions very nakedly. When they are scared or agitated their frantic actions and noise leave you in no doubt. Likewise, when they are at peace and relaxed their still quietness reflects this. The same with me...
Today, I will let the Lord be my shepherd, and His promise is, I will lack nothing, ...not a thing!

PRAYER
Thank you Jesus. Baaaa...
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: