Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Repent

27th January 2008

SCRIPTURE
From that moment Jesus began His preaching with the message, ''Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is close at hand".

OBSERVATION
Jesus starts His preaching with a very simple and clear message - "Repent". This was (and is) a universal message addressing the great universal problem of mankind; the problem of sin. The sin-solution Jesus offers is simple and yet profoundly, deeply life-changing - turn from sin and turn to God.

APPLICATION
Can I live out this call for even one day? Sin has such deep roots within me. By myself I can't. But the good news is "Greater is he who is within me than he who is in the world". With the Holy Spirit, the great helper, beside me and within me, I can triumph over sin, repent and turn to God - today!

PRAYER
Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: