Thursday, June 6, 2024

Love

You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: You must love your neighbour as yourself. 
Mk.12:30,31

Jesus answers the scribe's question on which is the first commandment. His answer is twofold, love God and love others. Or put more simply, love. Loving my neighbour is loving God.

This is an advance on the Golden Rule that says treat others the way you wish to be treated. How do I wish to be treated? With love. Nothing would be higher treatment. 

The scribe's clear understanding of what is the greatest commandment places him very close to the kingdom of God. I would do well to follow.

Come Holy Spirit. Fill me so I can better love God by loving others today.

No comments: