Thursday, May 31, 2018

Leaping and Dancing

The Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary 

The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult with joy over you, he will renew you by his love; he will dance with shouts of joy for you as on a day of festival.
Zeph.3:17

The Prophet Zephaniah foretells the restoration of Israel’s remnant. The Lord will no longer be a remote, distant God but will be living in their midst dancing and shouting with joy.

This prophecy is fulfilled when a Jewish girl said yes to God and a baby was conceived in her womb. The first to recognise this was John the Baptist in his mother Elizabeth's womb. He leapt for joy and was baptised in the Holy Spirit as pregnant Mary approached. Joy is the hallmark of Jesus' presence.

Oh how I love that our God is called Emmanuel, God with Us. Jesus is intimately present and involved in my life, even today. I shall live out today with him at my side, leaping and dancing and shouting with joy.

Lord Jesus, I welcome you into my day. May your joy be contagious through me to those we meet.
Little Flower, please pray for me.





No comments: