Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Friend of God

In each generation she passes into holy souls, she makes them friends of God and prophets; for God loves only the man who lives with Wisdom.
Ws.7:27,28

Soloman attempts to describe the nature of Wisdom, the Holy Spirit of God. With soaring language he portrays a being both omnipotent and intimate. Someone who makes us the friends of God.

“Oh to be a friend of God” has been a cry of the ages. I remember during my conversion experience coming to this realisation, that I , broken imperfect me, can be a friend of God. Suddenly God was no longer a God to fear but a God to love.

My friendship with God doesn’t stop with me. It transforms my relationship with everyone, all those made in the image of God. Today I can be friends with everyone I meet.

Lord Jesus. You know that not all people are friendly to God. You experienced that first hand. Help me be steadfast in my friendship to those I encounter today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: