Friday, January 20, 2017

Family Restored

Mercy and faithfulness have met; justice and peace have embraced. Faithfulness shall spring from the earth and justice look down from heaven.
Ps.84,11

In Psalm 84 the psalmist pleads for restoration of relationship with God. Then in the final verses, like a consummation, love and faithfulness meet and kiss.  The family is restored.

This psalm is a picture of my relationship with God. I keen to be restored to him. There is a yearning in my heart to be leaning into my Father's breast, to be intimate. I stretch up to heaven, but not in vain as my Father is leaning down to earth with outstretched hand. He is keening just as badly for me.

My feeble efforts, such as this morning prayer time, are rewarded beyond measure. Not for what I have done but for God's pent up love pouring down into me. Oh happy day!

Thank you Father that you ache for me as I for you. Send me your spirit today that we may be one.
Little Flower, please pray for me. 


No comments: