Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mere Children

It was then that, filled with joy by the Holy Spirit, he said, ‘I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to mere children. Yes, Father, for that is what it pleased you to do. 
Lk.10:21

The seventy-two disciples have just returned from their first mission trip and it has been successful beyond their wildest dreams.  Their joy is shared by Jesus who rejoices that the wisdom of the ages has been given to the simple.

There is a program on Radio Rhema called "Let my people Think".  The preacher, Ravi Zacharias, gives well researched, solid Bible teaching and it's a great listen.  But today I'm reminded there is a danger of my thinking too much, a danger of thinking myself out of my faith.

My needing to understand everything withheld for years my acceptance of Jesus as Lord.  It wasn't until I took that step of faith in Him that I finally understood. Yes, there is a need to know what I know, but this knowledge is gained through a childlike simplicity, It's not meant o be hard, thank God.

Lord Jesus, mere children seem to always be close to You.  Help me be child-like in my faith in You.
Little Flower, you who modeled yourself on the child Jesus, pray for me.

No comments: