Thursday, December 13, 2012

Prepare Ye the Way

Jesus spoke to the crowds: ‘I tell you solemnly, of all the children born of women, a greater than John the Baptist has never been seen; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he is'.
Mt.11:11

Jesus is speaking to the crowds about John the Baptist.  He clearly identifies John as the prophet foretold who is to prepare the way for the coming Messiah.  John's message continues to be the clarion call of Advent, "Prepare the way.  Repent, turn from sin and turn to God, for the Kingdom of God is near".

How's my preparation going for the coming Messiah?  Advent is not just about Mary on a donkey two thousand years ago.  It's also about preparing the way for Jesus' second and final coming.   I am going to face Him one day, maybe one day soon.  How's my preparation?  How straight is my path?

Lord Jesus, Your Kingdom is nearer than I imagine.  Give me a spirit of urgency in my preparation to receive You.
Mary, Mother of Jesus, pray for me.


No comments: