Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Small is Great

...it is never the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost.
Mt.18:14

Jesus has just made His great cry in defense of children; "whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." Mt.18:5.  In this He includes all the weak and lowly and indeed identifies this as the preferred attitude of all who wish to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.  In today's Gospel Jesus underscores this by telling the parable of the lost sheep, stressing it is never God's will that a child of His should be lost.

Once again, I am hearing the "Law of Upside Down": The last shall be first, the lowly will be lifted up.  Humility is my preferred place to be today.  When I am a "little one" I shall never be lost.

Lord Jesus, You on a cross is the greatest act of humility the world has ever seen, yet from that lowest of places You were lifted up into glory.  I dare to ask You to help me learn to be humble, only because I know Your great love for me will never leave me lost.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: