Thursday, October 1, 2026

Less is More

Unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 
Mt.18:3

In Jesus' eyes, lesser is greater.

If there is to be any striving in God's Kingdom it is the striving to be the lesser. I'm reminded of those always-funny comedy scenes where two people are arguing over who should go through the door first. "After you. No, after you. No, I insist, after you!" Then out of frustration they both lunge for the door, only to both get jammed there.

Striving to be the least is counter culture in a world that esteems the biggest, the best, the brightest and the beautiful. 

To be honest, humility doesn't come naturally to me. Yet, if I desire to follow Jesus, humility is my very first step. I'm encouraged to know that Saint Thérèse at first struggled with this. Then a point came where she surrendered her ego to Jesus and "littleness" became her boast. 

Jesus, help my less become more. Saint Thérèse, please pray for me.


No comments: