Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Angels of God

You will see heaven laid open and, above the Son of Man, the angels of God ascending and descending.
Jn.1:51

Our world is more than what we see. There is a constant traffic of angels ascending and descending between heaven and earth. 

This feast day of the Archangels expands my view. I'm invited by the Church to lift my head and see beyond what is in front of me and to envision the presence of angels, those pure spiritual creatures created by God to serve as His servants, messengers, and protectors of humanity.

I find this reassuring. There is a host that is on God's side, protecting me and those I love. 

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in the day of battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
cast into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen. 

No comments: