I commissioned you to go out and to bear fruit, fruit that will last.
Jn.15:16
My life is not my own project, I am commissioned. To do what? Bear lasting fruit.
Jesus gives this commission at the Last Supper, just after giving the great commandment to love one another. It seems the bearing of fruit is linked to the commandment to love.
I've seen love bear fruit. I've seen the absence of love bear fruit also. Both fruits are lasting but love's fruit is sweeter.
I want to be a fruit that people can "Taste and see that the Lord is good." Ps.34:8
Franciszek Gajowniczek, the man who Saint Maximilian Kolbe saved by taking his place to die in Auschwitz, spent the rest of his life sharing the story of Father Kolbe's sacrifice. He died in 1995 aged 93. Sweet fruit that lasted.
Lord, make me a great lover who bears fruit that lasts.
Saint Maximilian Kolbe, please pray for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment