Thursday, July 30, 2026

Break me, Melt me, Mould me, Fill me

And whenever the vessel he was making came out wrong, as happens with the clay handled by potters, he would start afresh and work it into another vessel, as potters do.
Jer.18:4

The potter doesn't toss away the wrong clay. He reshapes it into what he originally intended, into something beautiful.

This reminds me of Kintsugi, the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery. The cracks are highlighted with gold, bringing out a remarkable fresh beauty from a destroyed vessel. It treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise.

I am a work in progress. My sanctification is ongoing. I'm reworked clay. Sometimes I'm a smashed vessel, restored to greater glory.

Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me
Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me
Break me, melt me, mould me, fill me
Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me



No comments: